In today’s world, each and every person is concerned by the image portrayed to the outside world. They are concerned by the way they look and the way they smell. When it comes to gender comparison, women are more concerned by how they smell as compared to their male counterparts. Women would like to have a good scent and this will help to boost their self confidence and self esteem. Many scientific researchers have concluded that many men are more attracted to women who have a good scent and this could be one of the reasons as to why women will do anything to smell good.
There are certain times during the month where the vagina will have some bad odor coming from it. The causes of bad odor may vary from normal menstrual cycle to bacterial infections. Though there are some natural ways of making the vagina stay clean and smell pleasant, sometimes you would wish to have control of how you smell. Use of female vaginal deodorants can be one of the methods that can help your vagina to have a nice and pleasant smell.
There are many vaginal products aimed at improving vaginal smell out there in the market and this has been a major concern to many health organizations. Some of the deodorants have been linked to cancer and other health complications due to the chemicals that they contain. The deodorants have been suspected to be containing carcinogens, allergens, endocrine disruptors and reproductive toxins. These chemicals have been associated with breast cancer, asthma, allergic reactions and reproductive problems. The effects are more pronounced if one chooses a wrong vaginal deodorant or uses the deodorant without taking any safety measures. When the right steps are taken while using the deodorants, the results will be impressive without any health implications.
While choosing a vaginal deodorant, it is good to assess its effectiveness and also check if it may be compatible with your body. The compatibility test involves checking whether the deodorant can cause any type of allergic reactions when in contact with your body.
Basic functions of vaginal deodorants
• They wash and cleanse the outer parts of the vagina leaving a fresh effect.
• Absorb moisture and odor hence protecting the vagina from moisture-related infections and also making it have a nice scent.
• They make the whole genital area to smell good especially if they are applied to the underwear and pantyliner.
Safety use of the vaginal deodorants
There are number of precautions that one should take when using the deodorants. If followed, the side effects will be minimal.
• While using the spray, ensure that it is at least eight inches away from your skin.
• Be keen to follow the manufacturer’s instructions while using the vaginal deodorant.
• While applying wipes, apply back to front method so as to prevent the spread of bacteria into the vagina.
• Do not apply the deodorant to the injured or itching skin
• If the rash starts developing on the skin, stop applying the deodorant.
• The deodorants are for external use only.
• Don’t overuse the deodorant as it would cause itching of the vulva.
Share and Enjoy
Filled Under: Wellness Posted on: January 28, 2016